These settings are for Advanced Users only and should not be adjusted without knowledge of how your system will be impacted.
- Select Don't Cleanse Emails to keep historical data and signatures in the body of the Email Comment.
- Email Address Mapping is on by default. Go to Email Address Mapping to see how this works and how to Send From Your Domain instead.
It is recommended to leave this ON or you will lose the Email Tracking ability. See below for more on turning this off.
- Don't Email my Team is ON by default and prevents replies from being forwarded to the team, keeping the conversations directly in Podio and out of your Inbox.
Email Address Mapping must be turned ON and addresses listed under My Team under the profile icon.
- Add Subject to Mapped Names to include a mapped subject line in the From Address, helping the customer to distinguish between multiple addresses.
- Choose to Include all History when composing the email thread, instead of just the most recent.
- Select to Compose emails in your own Email Client instead of the default browser.
This is NOT recommended as you will lose many of GlobiMails features.
If your team is using a Webmail Client like Gmail, select Shorter Links to stay within the enforced URL limits.
This could cut off portions of the replied body message.
The option to always BCC the App is also available when using your own Email Client to ensure that emails sent are also attached to the Item.
Does not work in all Browser / Client combinations.
- Choose to NOT add Reply-To links to App Items when only forwarding emails to GlobiMail.
Only use this when manually forwarding email to GlobiMail.
- Send Notifications when New Items are created in the App.
Enter the email address of recipient, comma separating multiple addresses.
Turning off Email Address Mapping
Disabling Email Address Mapping will allow for SMTP setup but is not recommended due to loss of GlobiMail email tracking and higher risk of email errors.
Two things are required:
- GlobiMail will insert a Unique Tag Identifier into each email subject when you click a Reply link in Podio
- The tag includes the Company Code, App Code and Item ID.
- You will need to set up Forwarding Filters at the mail server level to forward copies of all tagged email to our servers.
- The email address for forwarding includes the Company Code selected at set-up.
If the Forwarding Client sends a verification email, it can be found in the Email Log under the Logs tab.
Set up an SMTP Server
With Email Address Mapping turned OFF, the option to specify an SMTP Server becomes available under Webmail Settings.